Ronda Rousey Vital Stats: The Queen of MMA
Ronda Rousey, also known as “Rowdy,” is a name that has become synonymous with female dominance in the world of mixed martial arts (MMA). Born on February 1, 1987, in Riverside County, California, Rousey has achieved immense success in her career, both inside and outside the ring. Let’s delve into her vital stats and uncover some interesting facts about this remarkable athlete.
Height and Weight:
Standing at an impressive 5 feet 7 inches tall (1.70 meters) and weighing around 135 pounds (61 kilograms), Ronda Rousey possesses a formidable presence in the Octagon. Her well-trained physique and natural athleticism make her a force to be reckoned with in any bout.
Martial Arts Background:
Ronda Rousey’s journey to MMA greatness began with her background in Judo. She became the youngest judoka in the United States to win an Olympic medal when she claimed bronze at the 2008 Beijing Olympics. Her success in Judo paved the way for her transition into MMA, where she quickly rose through the ranks, capturing multiple titles and accolades.
One of the most remarkable aspects of Rousey’s career is her undefeated streak as a professional mixed martial artist. From 2011 to 2015, she reigned as the UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion, successfully defending her title on six separate occasions. Her dominance in the cage, coupled with her signature armbar submission move, made her a force to be feared by any opponent.
Acting and Entertainment:
Beyond her achievements in MMA, Ronda Rousey has also made a mark in the entertainment industry. She has appeared in several films, including “The Expendables 3” and “Furious 7,” showcasing her versatility and expanding her fan base beyond the fighting arena.
In 2018, Rousey made a transition from MMA to professional wrestling, joining the WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment). Her natural charisma and physicality made her an instant hit with fans, and she quickly became one of the most popular figures in the wrestling world. Rousey’s WWE career further solidified her status as a multi-talented athlete capable of excelling in various arenas.
Common Questions about Ronda Rousey:
1. How old is Ronda Rousey?
– Ronda Rousey was born on February 1, 1987, making her currently 34 years old.
2. Is Ronda Rousey married?
– Yes, Ronda Rousey is married to Travis Browne, a fellow MMA fighter, since August 2017.
3. Does Rousey have any children?
– Yes, Rousey and Browne welcomed their first child, a daughter named La’akea Makalapuaokalanipō Browne, in August 2021.
4. What is Rousey’s notable MMA record?
– Rousey holds an impressive professional MMA record of 12 wins and 2 losses.
5. Did Rousey retire from MMA?
– Yes, Rousey officially retired from MMA in 2016 after her loss to Amanda Nunes at UFC 207.
6. Has Rousey won any Olympic medals?
– Yes, Rousey won a bronze medal in Judo at the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
7. What are Rousey’s notable film appearances?
– Rousey has appeared in films such as “The Expendables 3,” “Furious 7,” and “Mile 22.”
8. How did Rousey fare in WWE?
– Rousey had a successful WWE career, winning the Raw Women’s Championship and headlining the first-ever all-female WrestleMania main event.
9. Did Rousey retire from wrestling?
– Rousey took a hiatus from WWE in 2019 and has not made any official announcements regarding her retirement.
10. Did Rousey ever return to the UFC?
– As of now, Rousey has not returned to the UFC. Her focus has been on her family and other ventures.
11. What is Rousey’s net worth?
– Ronda Rousey’s net worth is estimated to be around $13 million.
12. Does Rousey have any siblings?
– Yes, Rousey has two sisters, Julia DeMars and Maria Burns-Ortiz.
13. What is Rousey’s current involvement in MMA?
– Rousey has transitioned away from active competition in MMA and currently serves as a WWE ambassador.
14. Has Rousey written any books?
– Yes, Rousey published her autobiography, “My Fight/Your Fight,” in 2015, which offers insights into her life and career.
Ronda Rousey’s vital stats and achievements make her a true icon in the world of combat sports. Her legacy as a dominant fighter, coupled with her ventures in film and professional wrestling, have solidified her status as a trailblazer and inspiration to aspiring athletes worldwide.