How to Clean APL Shoes: Keeping Your Favorite Footwear Fresh and Stylish
APL (Athletic Propulsion Labs) shoes have gained immense popularity in recent years. Known for their innovative design, comfort, and performance, APL shoes are not just for athletes but also for fashion enthusiasts. To keep your APL shoes looking fresh and extend their lifespan, regular cleaning is crucial. In this article, we will guide you through the process of cleaning APL shoes, providing solutions to common scenarios where cleanliness becomes a concern.
Scenarios where cleaning APL shoes is essential:
1. Sweaty workouts: After intense workouts or long runs, sweat and dirt can accumulate on your APL shoes. Cleaning them regularly will prevent odor buildup and keep them looking their best.
2. Outdoor adventures: Whether hiking, trail running, or exploring nature, your APL shoes are likely to get dirty. Cleaning them after each adventure will ensure they are ready for your next escapade.
3. Everyday wear: Wearing your APL shoes on a daily basis can result in dirt, stains, and scuffs. Maintaining their cleanliness will help preserve their appearance and longevity.
4. Traveling: When traveling, your APL shoes might be exposed to various elements, such as airport floors or sandy beaches. Cleaning them before and after your trip will help maintain their pristine condition.
5. Special occasions: APL shoes are not just limited to athletic wear. They can also be styled with casual or semi-formal outfits for events. Prior to these occasions, it’s important to ensure your shoes are clean and presentable.
Now, let’s dive into the process of cleaning APL shoes:
1. Gather your materials: You will need a soft brush, mild detergent, warm water, a clean cloth, and a shoe deodorizer.
2. Remove shoelaces and insoles: Take out the shoelaces and insoles from your APL shoes. This will allow for a more thorough cleaning.
3. Brush off loose dirt: Use a soft brush to gently remove any loose dirt or debris from the surface of your shoes.
4. Hand wash or machine wash: Depending on the material of your APL shoes, you can either hand wash them or place them in a mesh laundry bag and machine wash them on a gentle cycle. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for best results.
5. Air dry: After washing, let your APL shoes air dry naturally. Avoid using direct heat sources such as hair dryers, as they can damage the material.
6. Clean shoelaces and insoles separately: Hand wash the shoelaces and insoles with mild detergent and warm water. Rinse thoroughly and air dry.
7. Deodorize: To eliminate any lingering odors, use a shoe deodorizer or sprinkle baking soda inside your APL shoes. Leave it overnight, then shake or brush off the residue.
Frequently asked questions about cleaning APL shoes:
1. Can I clean my APL shoes in a washing machine?
Yes, but only if the manufacturer’s instructions permit it. Some APL shoes are not suitable for machine washing.
2. Can I use bleach to remove stains?
No, bleach can damage the material and alter the color of your APL shoes. Stick to mild detergents.
3. Can I put my APL shoes in the dryer?
No, it’s best to air dry your APL shoes. Direct heat from dryers can warp the shoes or cause them to shrink.
4. How often should I clean my APL shoes?
It depends on how frequently you wear them and the conditions they are exposed to. As a general rule, clean them after 10-15 wears.
5. How do I clean the soles of my APL shoes?
Use a soft brush or an old toothbrush to scrub the soles with mild detergent and warm water. Rinse and air dry.
6. Can I use a washing machine for shoelaces and insoles?
Yes, place them in a mesh laundry bag and wash on a gentle cycle.
7. How long does it take for APL shoes to air dry?
It typically takes 24-48 hours for APL shoes to air dry completely.
8. Can I use a shoe cleaner spray instead of hand washing?
Yes, shoe cleaner sprays are a convenient alternative for quick touch-ups. Follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer.
9. How can I prevent my APL shoes from getting dirty?
Applying a protective spray or water repellent can help prevent stains and make cleaning easier.
10. Can I clean my APL shoes with baby wipes?
While baby wipes can remove light dirt, they may not be effective for deeper cleaning. Stick to the recommended cleaning methods.
11. Can I clean my APL shoes in the dishwasher?
No, dishwashers are not suitable for cleaning APL shoes. Stick to hand washing or machine washing, if recommended.
12. Can I use a shoe brush instead of a soft brush?
Yes, a shoe brush with soft bristles can be used to remove dirt and stains from your APL shoes effectively.
13. How can I remove scuff marks from my APL shoes?
For scuff marks, gently rub a pencil eraser over the affected area. If the mark persists, try using a specialized shoe cleaner or mild soap solution.
By following these cleaning tips and answering common questions, you can ensure your APL shoes remain fresh, stylish, and ready for any adventure. Regularly maintaining your shoes will not only extend their lifespan but also enhance your overall footwear experience.